We have fully equipped OT and CSSD (Central Sterile Supply Department). We have following types of sterilization
- Autoclave: Steam sterilization
- ETO (Ethylene Trade Oxide): All type of plastic and tubing are being sterilized with ETO as per the standards
- STERRAD (Gas plasma sterilizer): We also have one of the advanced sterilization in which we sterilize all endoscopic and laparoscopic instruments. One of the advantage of this is sterilization is done within 30 minutes and the instruments can be used immediately.
Operating rooms: We have 3 operating theaters. Each theater is equipped to conduct most advanced and complicated surgery.
- In OT we have well trained nurses to assist in latest endoscopic / laparoscopic surgery
- OT environment is being periodically monitored by sending the surveillance swabs. These measures provide sterile environment and has resulted in minimal infection rate. So we use single dose antibiotics in most elective cases.
- Strict aseptic precautions and sterile atmosphere is monitored with continuous airflow filtered by HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters and the same has been monitored in all theaters.
Statistics: We perform approximately 1700- 1800 surgeries per year. Of these 34 are related to renal transplants.
Patient safety: We mainly focus on patient safety and these are some of the steps
- Patient is identified with wrist identification tag and patient file in transfer bay
- Time out (Patient name, Hosp. No and surgery side, antibiotics given) is being done by the Anesthetist in the presence of Surgeon and scrub nurse before starting surgery
- OT temperature and humidity is monitored
- We have Warm touch machine a to keep the patient warm, especially pediatric cases
- We apply TED (Thrombo Embolic Devices) and SCD (Sequential Compression Device) during the prolonged surgery to avoid DVT(Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- LASER for endoscopic treatment of Stone
- C-arm machine for assisting in endoscopic surgeries
- We use a state of Art Aspire anesthesia workstations along with S5 monitor is being used in all theaters
- We also have the smallest endoscopes which can be used in pediatric cases
- We have the Audio Visual system to record Endoscopic/ laparoscopic/ Open surgery cases as needed
- Laparoscopy is the common procedure
- ESWL facility is within the theater complex