Dr. Basavaraj Kuntoji is a Consultant Intensivist and HOD of Academics at BMJ Hospital, Vasanthanagar, Bangalore. He did his post-graduation in General Medicine from Rajiv Gandhi University in 2005. After that, he completed the Indian Diploma of Critical Care (IDCC) course from the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine in 2007. He has also completed the European Diploma in Intensive Care (EDIC) in 2016. He has an experience for more than a decade as an Intensivist at various branches of Manipal Hospitals and at the BMJ Hospital in Bangalore. His specialties are Critical Care and General Medicine. He is interested in building up a Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) which can claim to be the world’s best MICU. The intensity of clinical practice has consolidated his skills with invasive procedures required for patients with acute needs, including insertion of ET placement, catheterization, bronchoscopy and bronchoscopic intubation, percutaneous tracheotomy, emergency ultrasound and many others.
- Obesity and Pulmonary Function Tests, KAPICON Conference, Mysore, Karnataka
- Best Poster presentation for Obesity & Restrictive Pulmonary Function Tests, APICON Conference, Hyderabad, 2004.
- Cardiovascular Manifestation in Obesity, CSI Conference, Bangalore
- Stress Hyperglycemia in Stroke, State API Conference, 2007
- Multiorgan Involvement on Stress Hyperglycemia in Stroke, KAPICON, Manipal, 2007
- Cardiovascular Manifestation in Obesity, published in Cardiology Society of India (CSI) Journal.
- Clinical profile and outcomes from obstetrics admissions to Indian Intensive Care Unit, Intensive Care Medicine, 2008
- Outcomes of Acute Kidney Injury in a Multidisciplinary Unit, Intensive Care Medicine 2008
- Acute Renal Failure in ICU: paper accepted in European Society of Critical Care Medicine Conference (ESICM), Portugal, 2008
CPD/ Courses Attended:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support from American Heart Association
- Association of Physicians of Indian annual conferences, 2002-06
- Association of Physicians of Karnataka annual conferences, 2002-06
- Cardiology Society of India conference, Bangalore
- Medical Update, Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore
- Annual Conference of RSSDI, Mysore
- Mechanical Ventilation update, Bangalore
Expert in invasive procedures required for patients with acute needs. Some of which include insertion of ET placement, central lines, venipuncture, chest drains, catheterization, bronchoscopy and bronchoscopic intubation, percutaneus, emergency ultrasound, lumbar puncture, bone marrow aspiration, biopsy and pleural tapping.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Represented Karnataka State Table Tennis team for 2 years
- Interested in classical music