The laboratory has been accredited by NABL (National accreditation board for testing and calibration laboratories) since 2012, again ascertaining the quest for quality.
Over the past few years, many advanced tests are being performed in-house, facilitating speedy reporting and enhancing patient convenience. Looking forward to making a comprehensive referral lab for all kinds of kidney ailments at NU hospitals.CME Activities:
- Recent advances in Laboratory Technology in Medicine, Medical College, Trichur 1993
- Organised and chaired CME on Academic “Carnival on shock”, CMCH & RC, Trichy August 2013
- Chaired a session in CME in Hematopathology at CMCH & RC, Trichy September 2013
- Attended CME on Pediatric hemato oncology, Trichy November 2013
- Attended CME on Hematology, Hotel Lalit Ashok, Bangalore on 5-8th November 2015.
- Attended 38th Annual conference of IAPM LTM, Medical College, Mumbai December 1989.
- Presented a paper on “Pure squamous cell carcinoma of the breast (Female), IAPM conference 1989
- Presented a case of Adult Wilms tumor in IAPM, Kerala November 1993.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in lymphoid blast crisis presenting on multiple cutaneous modules, Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2001
- Primary Plasma cell Leukemia – ‘Clinical, Hematological and Cytogenetic features’, Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology, 2001
- “Rheumatological Prodrome – A rare Inaugural manifestation of Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia, Indian Journal of Cancer, 2001
- Epigenetic silencing of the estrogen receptor (ER) by hypermethylation of ESR 1 promoter is seen predominantly in Triple-negative breast cancer in Indian women,
Tumor Biology, 2012
- A majority of low (1-10%) ER-positive breast cancers behave like hormone receptor negative tumors, Journal of Cancer, 2014.