- School: Primary and Middle : Udaya Education Society, Bangalore.
- High school(1993-1996): Seshadripuram boy’s high school, Bangalore.
- Pre-University college: 1st and 2nd PUC(1996-1998)- MES kishore Kendra, Bangalore.
- Medical college: Bangalore medical college,
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore,
- Anaesthesia training: Mysore Medical College,
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences (RGUHS),Mysore,
- Thesis topic: A comparison of post operative analgesia between intrathecal neostigmine and buprenorphine with hyperbaric 0.5% bupivacaine for lower abdominal surgeries.
Presentation during post graduation :
- Title: Intrathecal clonidine as an post operative analgesia for lower abdominal surgeries at ISACON 2006 Mysore
Publications during post graduation :
- A comparison of post operative analgesia between intrathecal clonidine and buprenorphine with hyperbaric 0.5% bupivacaine for lower abdominal surgeries – Karnataka journal of Anaesthesiology – 2008; accepted and published
Extracurricular activities :
- Dec 2006- attended national conference at mysore and a being a part of the host committee member: in registration committee and in scientific committee.
- Dec 2006- attended workshop on regional pain clinic at national conference and participated as an assistant to the workshop moderator Dr Gheddo.
- Dec 2006- participated in quiz competition at ISACON
- Dec 2006- attended pre conference workshop on management of difficult airway at ISACON 06
- Dec 2006- actively participated in organizing ISACON national conference event at mysore.
- 2006-2009- actively participated in organizing host CMEs and world anaesthesia day at MMC.
- Sept 2007- attended academic CME programme at mainpal(mangalore), APGAP.
- 2007- attended PG teaching programme- RACE at MRMC, Chennai.
- 2008- attended CME prog at KMC, manipal.
- 2008- attended PG teaching programme- RACE at MRMC, Chennai.
- July2014 got promoted as Associate professor
- 2014 Sept – RGUHS recognized as Post graduate teacher
- Oct 2014 – as selected as one of the editorial team member for the journal JMSH
- Nov 2014- As an Organising secretary for the STATE LEVEL ANAESTHESIA CME-“ANAESTHESIA-TOUCHING VARIOUS SPECIALITIES”
- Dec 2014- attended ISACON national conference at Madurai & cleared BLS/ACLS COURSE
- April 2015- joined Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences as Associate professor
- June 2015- attended Anaesthesiology state CME organized by AIMS
- Jan 2016- selected as one of the member for “Administrative committee”
- NOV 2016- attended state level ANAESTHESIA CME.
National conference Presentation : 1
- Guest lecture – 2
News letter publications: 2
- A First lady physician anaesthesiologist in the world: an Indian AIMS 2011
- Labour Analgesia AIMS 2012
Involving in teaching has been a regular practice in my medical career. My role has, at times, been a conveyor of knowledge rather than a pedantic teacher. The receiving group has been diverse like general public, school children, fellow classmates, colleagues and target groups like bus drivers, paramedical staff.
I had been involved in ‘Medex-2002 & 2004’. ‘Medex’ was a week long awareness programme for general public arranged in my medical school. Utilizing methods like group discussion, debates, and using props like charts and videos, the response was far-fetched than expected.
Teaching in the form of seminars, critical appraisal of articles, and academic modules at unit and department levels had been a very regular and rigorous activity till date.
I have been exposed to all types of surgical cases posted to OR to till date, which includes difficult airway patient, critically ill scenario, decompensate state, superspeciality wings: urology, neurosurgeries, pediatric surgeries, plastic surgeries.
Team work and organizational skills:
- Sports : i) 2002-03: Represented a Bangalore Medical college cricket team at university
- level ; ii) 2002 : Represented a Bangalore Medical college football team as vice captain/
captain at JIPMER Fest.
- Events : i) 2001-2002 : organized kannada rajyothsava- as one of the organaizing committee member for the 98-99 BMC
- batch, ii) 2001-2003 : participated in breast feeding awareness programme conducted by Dept of Pedeatrics, BMC,
- iii) 2002- participated in medical exhibition MEDEX at BMC, represented ENT stall co-ordinator,
- iv) 2001-2004 : actively participated in pulse polio immunization programme,
- v) 2003-2004: Did a rotation postings as a duty doctor/ asst medical officer at swamy Vivekananda charity hospital, pavagada,
I enjoy playing football, cricket and badminton.