NU Hospitals conducted a Continuous Nursing Education (CNE) on infection control practices on the 4th of March, 2017 at 2 pm at NU hospitals, Padmanabhanagar.
Topics covered were:
1. Hand Hygiene- don’t pass the bug, make handwashing a must-
2. Our best infection control practices
3. Needle stick injuries- sharpen your awareness
4. Standard precautions- we need to be safe. It’s more of a precaution than anything else
5. Bio-medical waste segregation and management- protecting people- protecting environment
6. Steps to reduce CLABSI at Haemodialysis unit
7. Role of visual inspection scoring in preventing phlebitis- securing stable IV access is our goal.