We conduct regular camps among diabetics, hypertensives and the elderly to identify early kidney problems. Urine and blood tests are performed, in addition to physical examinations, in order to identify early To Protect the Kidneys:
- Avoid taking over-the-counter (OTC) drugs.
- Avoid painkillers, especially if you already have diminished kidney function.
- Quit smoking.
- Ensure good control of blood sugar at all times, if you are a diabetic patient.
- Ensure adequate control of hypertension.
- Periodic urine analyses and kidney function tests are required, especially in long-standing diabetics and hypertensives, to identify early kidney disease.
- Adequate medical attention and follow-up treatment are required in children with urinary tract & infection (UTI).