Also as Biochemist in NUHDS
- Post Graduation: M.Sc Medical biochemistry – KMC, Manipal( 2008-2011 )
- Graduation: B.Sc Biotechnology – VIT University, Vellore ( 2005-2008 )
- Field of expertise: Clinical Biochemistry, Analytical Biochemistry, Molecular biology and Immunochemical techniques.
- Worked as a Trainee biochemist in Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur for two months.
- Worked on scientific papers related to Oxidative stress affecting patients with Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorders and Aluminium induced toxicity in rats of which two scientific papers have been presented at National and International Conferences.
- “Corticohippocampal salvage in chronic aluminium induced neurodegeneration by Celastrus paniculatus seed oil: Neurobehavioural, biochemical, histological study. ” J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2012;3:161-71
- Total thiol and lipid peroxidation marker, malondialdehyde levels in patients with Dementia. (ACBICON 2010, Mumbai. Abstract published in Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 25, 2010.)
- Effect of Asafoetida on brain Acetylcholinesterase, serum protein thiols and Cholesterol in memory models in rats. – International Conference, SFRR 2011, Chennai( 9th to 11th January, 2011).
Neurochemistry, anti-oxidant activity related to stress, free radical research, immunology, hemoglobinopathies and bio chemistry of ageing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that NU Trust Research activities are maintained and functioning in accordance with the drafted Standard Operating Procedures.
- To conceive projects and implement feasible ideas as research projects, use the clinical data available at the Hospital and draft papers and review articles for publications.
- To constantly update, document and perform periodic checks on all activities being carried out at NU Research, both administrative and scientific.
- To work as Study Coordinator for Clinical Trial projects.
- To coordinate conduct Scientific Advisory Meetings and Institutional Review Meetings.
- To carry out post – meeting follow up and activities (e.g. composing minutes of the meetings, preparing relevant documents, etc..
- To take care of the NU Trust academic activities.
- To ensure that the Quality Policy and the technical aspects in the diagnostic laboratory are in place and plan for continuous improvement of the education status of the laboratory staff.
- Supervising and following up on assignments, periodical maintenance and verification of checklists in laboratory as well as research cell.
- To impart knowledge and educate the students admitted to the various courses under the Para Medical Board of Karnataka.
Reading books of any genre , creative writing( Hindi & English), blogging, traveling, preparing different cuisines, painting, sketching and singing . Blogger since 2007.