Urologist, Andrologist and Prosthetic Urologist
Dept of Andrology (Male Infertility, Male Sexual Health) and Prosthetic Urology
Dr.Pramod, an alumnus of Bangalore Medical College, is an expert in the management of
Male Infertility and Male Sexual Health. He is the first Asian urologist to do the European
Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM) Penile Implant Fellowship from Spain. He had extensive
surgical training in penile reconstruction at Sava Perovic Foundation in Belgrade (Europe).
Subsequently, he got trained in Male Infertility and Microsurgery in the University of Illinois at
Chicago (UIC). His department is the center of excellence for Prosthetic Urology (penile
implants and artificial urinary sphincter). He is a pioneer in various surgical sperm retrieval
procedures, microsurgeries, and penile cosmetic surgeries. Apart from his multiple
publications, he has presented at many international conferences in Singapore, Seoul,
Prague, Bangkok, and Chicago.
Area of expertise:
- Semen / Sperm issues: Azoospermia (Obstructive and Non-obstructive), Oligo-astheno-teratospermia (OAT)
- Sperm freezing / cryopreservation
Male Sexual Dysfunction:
- Erectile dysfunction ED (Poor erection)
- Premature (early) ejaculation
- Anejaculation (Inability to ejaculate)
- Hypogonadism (Low testosterone hormone)
- Peyronie’s disease (Curved/bent penis with hard plaque in penis)
- Congenital penile curvature (without hard plaque)
- Penile fracture
- Penile implants/prosthesis (Inflatable and malleable)
- Artificial urinary sphincter or Male Urethral sling for post-prostatectomy urinary
- Cosmetic procedures of the penis (frenuloplasty, circumcision, glansoplasty)
- Penis enlargement surgery: Penile fillers
- Buried penis correction: Pubic Lipectomy, Liposuction, scrotoplasty
- Penile curvature corrections in Peyronie’s disease (Plication, Grafts)
- Microscopic varicocelectomy
- Microscopic vasectomy reversal
- PESA ( Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction)
- Micro-TESE (Microdissection TESE)
- European School of Urology (ESU) courses on “Office management of Male Sexual Dysfunction” and “The Infertile Couple – Urological aspects”- London (UK).
- European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM) Penile Implant Fellowship – Madrid
- European Urology Scholarship Program (EUSP) for Penile Reconstruction and
Gender Reassignment Surgery– Belgrade (Serbia)
- International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM) Scholarship to attend the ESSM
School of Sexual Medicine- Budapest (Hungary)
- Male Infertility (Andrology) Visiting Fellow in the University Of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA
- Penile traction therapy with the new device ‘Penimaster PRO’ is effective and
safe in the stable phase of Peyronie’s disease: a controlled multicenter study.
British Journal of Urology International 2019.
- Viagra (Sildenafil) in Premature Ejaculation. International Journal of Impotence
Research in 2019.
- Complications of Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy. Spanish European Journal (Arch Esp Urol) 2019.
- Malignant refractory Priapism: An urologist’s nightmare. Urology Annals 2019.
- A prospective study of Botox injection in Dysfunctional Voiding. Clinical Medicine Insights: Women’s Health 2018.
- Dihydroxyadenine stone with adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency.
Indian Journal of Urology 2017.
- Supracostal PCNL: A prospective comparative study. Indian J Urology 2016.
- Scrotal calcinosis: a rare entity. Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) Journal of
Surgery in 2011.
- Saxophone penis and Antitubercular therapy. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
- European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
- South Asian Society of Sexual Medicine (SASSM)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Urological Society of India (USI)
- Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- Association of Southern Urologists (India)
- Karnataka Urology Association (KUA)
- Bangalore Urology Society (BUS).
- Association of Medical Consultants (AMC) Bangalore
- “Home-modeling after Penile Prosthesis Implantation is a viable option for management of residual curvature in Peyronie’s disease” (Abstract ID: 19-6476) on 5th May 2019 at American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Congress in Chicago, USA.
- “Role of Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery in the management of Urinary Tract Infection complicated by Renal Papillary Necrosis” (Abstract C-EPID-5339) on 22/07/2016 at Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Annual Congress 2016 in Singapore