An Intensive Care Unit or ICU is a hospital area that has an increased number of specially trained staff and monitoring equipment.This is to ensure that patients who are seriously ill receive monitoring and intervention that is more detailed and frequent.
NU Hospitals has a 4-bedded ICU with 4 ventilators. We provide continual clinical assessment and are able to address subtle charges in patients’ conditions early.
Care in the ICU
- Round the clock duty doctors, Anesthetist and Nephrology consultants.
- We have one staff nurse per patient in ICU.
- Seven full-time nurses.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Intermittent Peritoneal Dialysis
- Facilities for Round the clock Dialysis
- Dobutamine Stress ECHO
- Pleural Tapping USG guided
- Ascetic Tapping USG guided
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Ventilation adult and Pediatric
- Noninvasive ventilation
- USG guided Dialysis catheter and Central Line insertion
- Intra arterial BP monitoring
ICU protocols are followed on a regular basis and the nursing staff have regular classes on managing critically ill patients, and also regular bed side teaching sessions.
The ICU is equipped with a state-of-the-art haemodialysis machine, 4 ventilators, a CRRT machine, 4 cardiac monitors, 3 infusion pumps, 6 syringe pumps and a defibrillator.